Maneuvering Through PTSD, Stress Response, and Factors that Affect Mental Health with Christopher Lee Maher - S2E33
MAY 2, 2023
Have you ever been told to suppress your emotions?
Growing up, there are instances in which you may have been told that it's wrong to feel a certain way. This is also carried onto life experiences in school, in your career, or simply everyday life. This is one of the reasons why Christopher Lee Maher has turned from a Former Navy Seal who had also endured intense physical, mental, and emotional stress as a child to a Mental Health Expert.
In this episode, Kashif is joined by Christopher Lee Maher. Aside from what was mentioned above, Christopher is also an author of the book, "Free for Life, A US Navy SEAL's Unique Path to Inner Freedom and Outer Peace". By combining a “seal mindset” with modern stress management strategies, Christopher taught himself to free his body and mind from pain by developing mental and physical tools for eliminating unresolved stress. Christopher studied Traditional Chinese Medical Practices at the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine and at Yo San University before continuing his studies at The Universal Healing Tao System. He is a student of Grand Master Mantak Chia at the Universal Tao Master School in Chiang Mai, Thailand, and is currently pursuing his Master’s and Doctorate degrees in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Kashif and Christopher discuss how difficult it is to treat physical illnesses if your mental health is not in a good state as it affects your perception. This is where the concept of "fight or flight" response comes in which Christopher shares stories from his childhood until his Navy Seal days which led to PTSD. They talked about how to maneuver and manage stress response, and as well as the following topics:
- Accumulated stress and daily stress
- Stress Management and finding permanent solutions to them
- Escaping The “Fight Or Flight” State Of Mind
- Modern day sources of stress and how to deal with them
- Seeing the Bigger Picture, and Knowing the Root Cause of Stress
- Expression of your emotions and your authentic self
If you wish to learn more about Christopher Lee Maher, you may do so in the following channels:
- Reading through his book or listening to a copy of his audiobook of "Free for Life, A US Navy SEAL's Unique Path to Inner Freedom and Outer Peace"
- Visiting his website https://truebodyintelligence.com/ in which you may find details to all of Christopher's work, and as well as the programs that he offers.
Don't forget to grab yourself a copy of Kashif Khan's book, "The DNA Way: Unlock the Secrets of Your Genes to Reverse Disease, Slow Aging, and Achieve Optimal Wellness" which is now available for presale! The book launches this coming May 16, 2023 so don't miss out!